Monday, April 7, 2008

this is my life and i want it back

This weekend was actually quite good.

Friday night I chilled with Zoe, ate some food at Lotus and watched some DVDs at home. It was a pretty good relaxing day.

Saturday I worked which was pretty boring, then drove (or rather, was driven) down to Funbury for the Her Nightmare show at the Prince. I got to show Will a little of my hometown, and although I don't think he was that impressed it was nice for me to be back. We went to check out the Table and sure enough the Sawyers and a few of my old crew were drinking and hanging out down there already, the playlist was Slayer and Municipal Waste so it was pretty thrash. Dickson was climbing as usual and Pope also as usual.
At around 830 we bailed on the Table and headed to the Prince to catch Vengeance. I got into the zone and although I messed up pretty bad going for a mic share that wasn't there, I had a good time. Break Even played well but there's still something about that band that doesn't quite work for me, but everyone seemed to appreciate them as usual. Her Nightmare had some technical difficulties but once they got started they were pretty heavy. There's nothing flashy about HN, just heavy riffs and angry lyrics. Security were being jerks but aside from that it was a good show.
We drove straight back and arrived at Will's around 2 and I then sat in my car and listened to the entire new Blacklisted album before driving home for a sleep. The album is really good, although not what I expected and as such it's taking a few plays to get used to.

Today we played at HQ. I missed Strong Finish's set which was a bummer because their new recordings sound pretty good and I wanted to see if they could back it up live. We were up next and although the sound wasn't as good as I'd hoped it would be, I had a good time. I borrowed Trav's wireless which made for some fun times, like doing side-to-sides and two-stepping while playing Hold Your Ground. I also did a stage-dive with the guitar which I highly recommend.
After that I had my face melted by Gallows For Grace, ate some pretty average subway (all the sauce was at the top of the sub. What the fuck subway guy?), saw Her Nightmare again and came home for pizza and DVDs with Zoe.

All in all, not a bad weekend.
How was yours?

No comments: