Tuesday, February 12, 2008

so what the fuck are you going to do kid?

Last night I slept a lot. Probably like 11 hours or a little more. I have this shitty sleep rhythm going on where I'll stay up late and get up early for a day or two, then I'll pass out for 11 or 12 hours and catch up. Basically I hate sleep because it's a waste of a good day. I resent missing out on that time.

Standfast practice last night was pretty good, we'd had a couple of weeks off and that was probably good. We didn't even fight with each other last night. We also put together a new song that I'd been working on at home and I think the guys were kinda into it. I was happy with how it sounded.

Writing songs this time around has been a slow process. When we first started on the new tracks (7 of which we've already recorded with Jay) they came out so fast we almost couldn't keep up. We'd come to jam each week with all the stuff we hadn't had time to do the week before. I guess we were averaging about 1 song every practice and we were pretty pumped on how they were sounding. Then we recorded the demos and since then it's been more of a struggle. We have two done now but they still need some polishing. I don't really know why. I think it's going to be a pretty cool record when we're done.

Listening to Modern Life Is War. They're so sincere. Like you listen to it and go 'man, these guys really mean it.' That's what I want to sound like.

No comments: